DE Cruises

Saturday, October 30, 2010

In January I will be going on the Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Baja. Will I need a passport?

In January I will be going on the Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Baja. Will I need a passport?






Answer :
Current regulations state that a passport will be required as of mid-year 2009. So in January you are ok with a birth certificate and drivers license. But a passport is easier and they last 10 years - so you might want to consider getting one anyway.






Answer :
I don't think that you can get a "for sure" answer on this. It was said that as of January, 2008, everyone going on a cruise and docking in ports that were out of the U.S. would need a passport. The passport offices were flooded with requests and they rescinded the decision.

However, it could be re-instated as of tomorrow, and there's nothing that we can do about it. Please just get a passport to make sure you're okay.






Answer :
Two weeks ago, I came back from a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, which is Baja. Took me also to Matzalan and Puerto Vallerto. I only needed my ID picture, which was on my drivers license as well as copy of certified birth certificate.






Answer :
As of right now, NO. But that can change anytime. You would be better off getting one. A birth certificate will do now, but maybe not when January rolls around. Have a great time and have a cocktail for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UK Cruises

Usa Cruises

JP Cruises